Saturday, August 25, 2012

11 Years without Aaliyah

Aaliyah Dana Haughton is a legend. I've heard people remark that her sound and style were "way ahead of her time," but I still haven't heard any artists that even compare. She was simply original... Her boyish sense of fashion, humble-personality, and hypnotizing voice... I can only imagine the music she would still be making today.


I've been wanting to make an Aaliyah tribute top for awhile, but I didn't want to do the hood thing with the airbrush font or mug-shot screen print haha. Finally, I decided on the "Aaliyah logo." If you're a true fan, you'd recognize the album cover and "A."



Word on the street is producers will be dropping a compilation of unreleased Aaliyah songs. Although there is no official confirmation that this is true, it isn't too hard to believe... Have yall heard Drake's new song, "Enough Said ft. Aaliyah" ? I'll be waiting.


R.I.P. Aaliyah
January 16, 1979-August 25, 2001